Shark meat is a basic diet food in many regions of the world, especially in those countries which are located near the oceans and seas. Though shark meat is a rich source of protein with low fats but it also contains high content of mercury which may interfere with the health of humans. Unlike the meat of other sharks, you do not have to struggle with the bones. Shark meat needs to be washed and cleaned properly to avoid a nasty taste. some of the mind-blowing recipes to cook shark meat are shared below. Join today’s cooking class to know the easy ways and tips to cook the shark.
How to cook a shark?
Sharks’ meat can be cooked in different ways depending upon your taste. You can have various items on your menu cards such as grilled shark steaks, pan-seared shark steaks, fried shark meat, shark meat curry, Shark Ceviche, and many more. Here, we are sharing important tips which will help you to cook sharks easily. Here we go:
- First, buy the highest quality shark meat as the shark meat spoils and is ruined quickly, so choose fresh and moist flesh.
- Soak the meat in milk for at least 4 hours to eliminate the unpleasant smell of mercury and ammonia.
- Remove the skin either before or after cooking the meat if you want to, otherwise, the skin retains the moisture of the meat.
- Remove the dark part of the meat because it includes bloodlines which gives an extremely foul smell to the flesh.
- Now cut the meat into about 1 to 2 inches thick pieces and slice them with a sharp knife into smaller pieces.
- After that, marinate the flesh.
- Now the meat pieces are ready for further processing.
We are sharing some easy recipes to cook shark meat that are very common among people.
Recipe 1: Grilled shark steaks
- Shark meat – 2 ½ pounds
- Lime juice – ¼ cup
- Olive oil – 3 tablespoons
- Tomato puree – 2 tablespoons
- Cumin – 1 tablespoon
Steps for preparation
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, tomato puree, and cumin in a bowl.
- Marinate the flesh with this mixture and leave it for 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill
- Grill the pieces until they become dark brownish.
Your food is ready. Enjoy!
Recipe 2: Sharks fillets
- Olive oil – 4 tablespoons
- Shark fillets – 0.5 kg
- Honey – 40 ml
- Lemon juice – 80 ml
- Ginger root – 20 g
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Soy sauce – 60 ml
Steps for preparation
- Cut the fillet into small pieces.
- Coat the pieces with garlic and ginger paste.
- In a bowl, mix honey, butter, and lemon juice.
- Marinate the flesh with the mixture for 1 hour.
- Deep fry the fillets for 4 to 5 minutes in olive oil.
Serve the fillets with your favorite sauce.
Warning: Though shark meat is one delicious seafood it also contains high content of mercury which may interfere with human health. So it is highly recommended to eat shark meat only twice a month and stay healthy.
Cooking a shark is not a very difficult task, there are many ways by which the shark’s meat can be cooked easily and quickly. For cooking a shark, just buy fresh flesh, wash and clean it properly, marinate it with different ingredients and fry it in the oil. For your ease, we have shared a few easy and quick recipes, so that you can have sharks on your dinner table today.