OMG! This smell of steaks makes me hungrier.
You must have eaten beef steaks, and mutton steaks many times, but have you ever tried shark steaks? Probably not. When you want to enjoy seafood perhaps, sharks would not be the first fish that comes into your mind. Based on different cooking techniques, shark steaks have proven to be one of the best-grilled seafood.
In this article, we are going to share some of the delicious and divine shark steak recipes that would be easy for you to cook in a short period.
How To Cook Shark Steaks?
All over the world, seafood has gained people’s attention increasingly due to its taste and high nutrition content. Shark steaks are the most popular dish among all. Some easy tips to cook shark steaks are given below.
Tips To Prepare The Meat For Steak
- First of all, buy a fresh and juicy piece of shark meat.
- Wash it gently, cover it with milk, and place it in the refrigerator – milk removes the smell of ammonia and restores the flavor of the fresh meat.
- Remove skin and black meat because it contains bloodlines and foul flavors.
A General Way To Cook Shark Steaks
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Cook the steak for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Flip the steak and add the condiments of your choice.
Serve and enjoy.
What Are The Different Recipes To Cook Shark Steak?
We are sharing some of the easy recipes to cook shark steaks.
Recipe # 1: Grilled Shark Steaks
- 6 medium shark steaks
- Cooking oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Add orange juice, ketchup, soy sauce, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, red pepper, black pepper, and salt in a bowl and whisk them together.
- Marinate the shark meat pieces with the mixture and cover them with aluminum foil and place it for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, heat the grill and put the meat pieces on the grill, reduce the flame, and leave the steak for 10 minutes.
- Flip the steak to another side after 2 minutes
- Once the steak is cooked thoroughly, remove it from the grill and serve it with sauce.
Recipe # 2: Pan-Seared Shark Steaks
- 2 shark steaks
- olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 4 Tablespoons Cajun spices
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup spiced rum
- Rinse the meat slice and put lemon juice on it.
- Refrigerate it for half an hour. Lemon will remove the foul flavors of the meat.
- After 30 minutes, sprinkle Cajun on just one side.
- Heat the pan on medium flame.
- Add garlic – when it turns golden brown place a meat piece carefully.
- Cook the steak on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes until cooked halfway through.
Recipe # 3: Grilled Gulf Shark Steak
- 2 shark steaks
- Sea salt
- Lemon juice
- Black pepper
- Put the meat piece in milk, cover it and leave it for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove the milk leftovers.
- Heat the pan – put the steak piece in it
- Add lemon juice, black pepper, and sea salt to it
- Grill the meat piece for 15 minutes until the color changes to brown.
Once the shark’s steak is ready, shower a pan sauce on it, garnish it with coriander and lemon, and enjoy your yummy shark steak.
Throughout the world, seafood is gaining people’s attention because it is a good source of proteins, fats, and essential nutrients. In the past few years, shark steak has become one of the most favorite seafood because of its divine taste. We don’t want you to wait for your visit to any beach to enjoy the seafood that’s why we had shared some of the quick and easy recipes so that you can give them a try and enjoy it.