Among anglers, the FG knot is one of the popular types of knots which can be used to hit a target weighing from 4 pounds to 200 pounds. The remarkable flexibility and weight-holding capability of the FG knot make it the most versatile knot for fishing bass. In this article, we are going to share with you some of the easiest steps to tie the FG knot.
What is FG Knot?
FG knot is also known as the Sebile knot which connects the leader with the man line. The line used for tying an FG knot could either be monofilament, fluorocarbon, or braided. Using a knot for fishing purposes may increase the chance of success. It may look tough at first, but with practice, you will be able to complete it quickly and simply, in less than 30 seconds.
How to Tie the FG Knot?
To tie an FG knot, the following steps should be followed:
- Initiate the procedure by gathering the two ends of the line from the top and the areas that are selected to be the leader.
- Leave at least a foot of tag end when folding the main line across the leader.
- Give a twist to the main line once it is around the leader.
- Bring the end of the braid that is wrapped the highest up the leader around under the opposite end.
- Tighten the line and wrap the ends around the leader.
- As with the previous wrap, bring the opposite end of the main line around the leader.
- After wrapping, slide the line end against the previous twists.
- At least give 10 turns to warp the leader.
- Press down on the tag end while pulling tight on the two mainline ends. Do this twice to ensure that the wraps are equally tightened
- Keep the wrapping length to a minimum, the knot should be no more than one inch long.
- Give 6 tight half hitches to tighten the knot.
- Now, cut the tag end and secure the knot.
FG knot is ready!
What Are The Alternatives Of The FG Knots?
The other types of FG knots are:
- Nail knot
- Double Uni knot
- Slim beauty knot
- Alberto knot
- Bimini twist knot
What are the Perks of FG Knot?
FG knot is used because:
- It is extremely strong
- It is reliable and versatile.
- The small size of the knot allows easy passage through the guides.
- It works effectively due to its flexibility, providing it with extreme strength to hold heavy loads.
Tying an FG knot seems to be an impossible task for beginners but the easiest and simplest step is narrated above to tie a knot in a few seconds. The reliability and flexibility make it one of the most versatile knots which can be able to hold the load without breaking.